North Braddock Residents For Our Future shared this critical upcoming event announcement. Facebook event here.
We need you. We need your letters, signs, voices and physical presence to speak out against issuing a permit to Merrion Oil and Gas.
Please reference the Tribune-Review’s article:
Additional information can be found here:
This coming Wednesday March 27th please attend the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection’s public meeting in which they will present information and answer questions on the applications for natural gas development at U.S. Steel’s Edgar Thomson plant.
It will take place 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Braddock volunteer fire department located at 845 Talbot Avenue.
This is the first step in their consideration of Merrion Oil and Gas’s plans to drill at the ET Mill. The process follows a series of permit applications and this first one is regarding Erosion and Sediment Control. To review their application click below:
Comments can be submitted in writing to:
DEP’s Southwest District Office: Oil and Gas Program Manager
attention: Brian Bailey
400 Waterfront Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
An example of previous public comments can be found here for inspiration:
Invite all of your friends to the Facebook event! HERE
We need your help to stop this. According to a DEP representative the permit has not been issued.
We can stop this if we all show up. Speak up, make signs, write letters. Now is the time!
1. It is likely this will be the only public meeting the DEP will have regarding all of Merrion’s permits.
2. April 1 is the deadline to submit comment to the DEP regarding the ENS permit.
3. It has been suggested we work on getting as many people to the meeting as possible with residents taking front and center, physically and during question/comment period. Because a state agency is holding this meeting anyone can speak.
4. Merrion cannot break ground without the ENS permit.
5. Opposition may be present at the meeting and fill all the speaking slots first so it is important to arrive early. Doors open at 5:30. Please plan to arrive no later than 5:15pm.
6. We are working on a sign making event. Now is the time.