Below you’ll find a quick announcement about tomorrow’s big online event, per this Eventbrite page: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/preparing-for-petrochemicals-tickets-207520668907 . Mark Dixon will be premiering a brand new video highlighting years of footage and material collected at hearings and activism events related to the Shell Cracker. This is THE event to help you get prepared for Shell’s ethane cracker going online.
What You Need To Know! An event to discuss community issues and concerns as the Shell petrochemical plant nears start-up operations.
About this event
The evening will be facilitated by Sr. Kari Pohl, Coordinator of Justice and Peace Ministry for the Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden
Topics and Speakers include:
• Shell Plant Overview – Dr. Clifford Lau, Duquesne University and Beaver County Marcellus Awareness Community (BCMAC) (featuring photography by Ted Auch/FracTracker Alliance)
• Final Permitting and Fenceline Monitoring – Adam Kron, Earthjustice and Karl Koerner, Clean Air Council
• Petrochemical Health Impacts – Dr. Ned Ketyer, Physicians for Social Responsibility PA and Environmental Health Project
• Air Pollution Monitoring – Ana Hoffman, CMU CREATE Lab, Mark Dixon, BlueLens
• Water, Noise, Light and other Pollution – Terrie Baumgardner, Clean Air Council, Beaver County Clean Air Outreach Coordinator and BCMAC
• Emergency Response System – Mr. Eric Brewer, Beaver County Emergency Management
• Texas Experiences – Fenceline Watch, Houston, Texas
Q & A
A link will also be provided to a Community Resource web page with information on health, safety, and documenting and reporting pollution events.
Beaver County Marcellus Awareness Community (BCMAC)
Clean Air Council
CMU Create Lab
Communities First Sewickley
Environmental Health Project
League of Women Voters
Physicians for Social Responsibility
Sign up for the event here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/preparing-for-petrochemicals-tickets-207520668907
There is also a Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/369062694970108